Friday, January 22, 2010

New Friends

First of all I need to apologize for my last post. I love Soy and he is the most lovable adorable amazing kid I have ever met. However, I am very easily provoked at times--at bedtimes especially. But I would like to report that Soy has pooped in the potty by himself--completely-- three days in a row!!! Only a mother who has been through potty training hell would understand my joy.
So I am so happy right now I just had to write down the experiences we have had since we have moved to Burbank. Not only have I been impressed by our ward and our ward family but I have made two very good friends already. One of which I have already shared my deepest darkest secrets with and cried with. I haven't had a friend like that for along time besides my family--including Joel's side (I am so blessed!) So it felt amazing to talk with her and feel that instant bond that I already know will get me through and keep me sane. It has been less than 3 weeks! I am amazed. This girl that I feel especially close to--We will call her Annie C (Because that is her name) moved here for the same reasons I did. Following our husbands lifelong dreams to come to film central and work on movies. They are going to the same school, in the same group, and they just happen to be LDS and have kids our same age and almost the same Anniversary date! No coincidence there. The Lord truly knows our needs. I had a lot of anxiety thinking about moving here but as soon as I got on the road I had the most calm feeling. And ever since we have been here so many things have happened to reaffirm the feeling that I know we are where we are supposed to be right now. My eyes are being opened to so many other cultures and ways of life. And my testimony has grown meeting other people and talking to them about their beliefs and seeing how inherently good others are who aren't members of the church. I knew that yes but I have always been almost completely surrounded by Mormons so I guess I just didn't think about it. My perspective and understanding for others will be so much the better I feel because of this move. Plus free museum days, the beach, the awesome bakery next door and everything that goes with the big city! And yes Mom I will probably cry when I come back to Ririe and am reminded of how beautiful it is there and how much space is there.

No comments: