Friday, January 15, 2010

Dumpster Diving Divas




So I love my new ward and the ladies in it! One of my new favorites has become quite the dumpster diver expert. Only the best is taken from the curb into the car to be saved from the mulching garbage truck. No bed bugs for us. So every Friday she goes around her neighborhood and looks for furniture or other things that people are waiting for the garbage man to pick up--Friday is special pickup day. She has found tons of cool stuff. So of course I was intrigued by this free adventure and went along today....and found this awesome couch! I found this end table too but it needs some TLC so no pics yet. I found the computer desk and fan by our dumpster......I feel a little trashy but it makes me feel a little better about not having an income right now! I start my orientation on February 9th....so it will be a while til the next paycheck.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

That's awesome! The couch is beautiful. It's crazy what people throw away when they don't have a DI to take it to! Have you seen all of the things we've gotten from the dumpsters here? They've been on our blog. Anyway, I'm glad you're doing well.