Monday, August 31, 2009

The Missing Lynx

We decided that it would be best if Joel extended his summer sales in Anchorage, Alaska. But sadly the company would not provide a place for the whole family so the kids and I begged to stay in my parents basement. Okay so they begged us. So we were keeping the cats (Joel's Cats) in the shop while we got some soft claws in the mail so Simon wouldn't scratch up the furniture in my parents house. And I have been checking on them everyday and letting them out once in a while. Well Thursday night I couldn't find Lynx and Friday morning I still couldn't find her so I looked for hours in the shop and found some leftover entrails of a mouse, rat poison, and cat puke. So naturally since I could not find her anywhere and she wasn't making any noise I assumed she had crawled under or into something and died.....So Sunday I told Joel that his cat was probably dead. I knew it wasn't going to be good but I didn't realize how not good it would be. He was pretty shook up about it and depressed. He called me over 5 times and usually its hard to get one phone call out. So I decided to go through the whole shop again and move some stuff out when I heard some meowing in the literally 6 feet high weeds around the shop so I went trunging the jungle calling her name. And I finally saw her but she ran off! So we made a line and combed the weeds--so thick and so tall and probably spider infested--but nothing and it got dark so we put some food out and some tuna and hopefully she will decide to come home....so I can be out of the dog house!

No comments: