Tuesday, July 21, 2009
When you have kids that's What You Got!
So I will no longer be accepting or asking for rides from anyone. Joel has been taking our only car to work a lot lately so I have been stranded. I wasn't going to post this first experience but since it applies to the experience I had today I will tell it.... Last week I had some friends invite me to go to a bounce house where the kids could play and so I said I would go. I found out later that I wouldn't have a car and my friend quickly came up with the solution that I would take her sister-n-law's car and so I said okay. I was a little hesitant but decided just to go with it. So we went and had some fun--Soy loved bouncing around and rough-housing. On our way home I decided to grab some milk. When I put it in the backseat of the car it was punctured by a Pinnacle yard sign and started spurting everywhere--so I quickly returned the milk to the store and cleaned up the mess. On the way home as I was getting lost London threw up an entire bottles worth of formula. So I stopped and cleaned up as much as I could but it was everywhere. And that stuff stinks--especially in a hot car. Thankfully, Calli--the owner of the vehicle-- was a sweetheart and I think we are still friends. So today. The Relief Society in our ward threw a desert social and I made a desert for it and talked one of my friends into coming with me and asked her for a ride because i was once again stranded. So we finally found where the get together was and London started to throw up. This stuff was chunky and gross. And it was everywhere--but not so much on the car thankfully. So we had just pulled up and so I sent Kate--my friend who was the driver-- in to get some cleaning supplies. Annie--the owner of the house was amazingly understanding and accommodating and helped me get London in the tub and all of her clothes and carseat cover in the washer. She even gave her a brand new outfit to wear that she had just bought yesterday--in London's size! Weird eh? I wish I had some of that foresight! Maybe I would know when to stay home! So I get London squared away and I start chatting with some of the women and then Kate-- my ride--gets a call from her husband and has to leave but my stuff is still in the washer so decide to stay and get a ride from my husband or one of the other women. So I go get the carseat and come back in and decide to check on my two year old. The first thing I see when I walk into the play room is poo smeared on the sheets of their crib. I find Soy and he is covered in wet thick poo all down his leg. At this point I am not so much suprised but mortified. So I strip him down, throw him in the tub and go to find all of the traces he has left behind. Thankfully everything he touched was washable and I threw it in a pile and went to tell Annie the good news. She was so nice! And didn't make me feel uncomfortable at all. Thank goodness for people like Annie. She made me feel like she was still glad I came despite all of our messy mishaps. Did I mention I was the only one that came with kids? And that while I was cleaning up the tub I got showered on and my hair was soaked? But I learned how to act and how to help when others go through similar situations and that when you have kids that's what you got! We went out to lunch today--before these colorful events-- and I was sitting there watching my kids and thinking how much I loved it and how fun it was (they were both being so angelic at the time) and I saw an older couple and she smiled at me as she was leaving and I thought about her stage of life and I thought "I am going to miss this stage". Did that thought really come from my head? It's amazing how fast you forget about all of the crazy things you go through with kids. Which is why I am recording them for me when I get baby hungry and for my kids and for anyone else who needs to hear that they are not alone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
o the joys of parenting!!! thats too funny! spunds like it was quite the outing for you! i find it easier to just stay home sometimes or i'm just LAZY!
that was confusing... sorry its late. i was trying to say I'm lazy and don't get out much but good for you for exploring and getting out and about with two kiddles!
Oh, Val! What an adventure in parenthood! :)
When we moved out here, Rachel got diarrhea on the plane. And then for the next few months it seemed like any time we went anywhere she would either throw up all over both of us or have a massive blow out. Not fun. I feel your pain.
Luckily we've moved past that... :)
oh my gosh!! i'm not quite sure how i would have handled that! it's funny to me being the outside, but i'm not so sure i would think it was funny being in the situation!! what a good mama you are!!
What kills me is how many posts you've had like this lately. Yikes! It seems like it's been one thing after another. Crazy!
Wow. The last time I had a day like that I seriously considered packing my bags and running away!
Post a Comment