Monday, July 6, 2009
Shopping Nightmare
So I went with my cousin Ashlie today to a clothing store with my two adorable children. This store did not have shopping carts so I was just chasing Soy around while holding London. Soy started to fuss and act up and I just brushed it off and then all of the sudden it hit me-- Crap! He needs to pee! But it was too late the flow had just begun and was pouring down his leg onto the carpeted floor. So I was mad at myself for not catching it but told him it was okay and it was my fault. We had just gotten there so I told my cousin he was fine for a bit and to keep shopping. There were some kids clothes there and they were pretty inexpensive so I thought--Hey I'll buy him some shorts so I don't have to carry him home wet. So as I was browsing for shorts he comes to me again fussing and then I heard the rumble. I said a few choice words and continued browsing just hoping I would wake up in my warm bed. After a while I decided I needed to do something. So I bought the shorts. The store did not have a bathroom and so I decided to change him in the dressing room. Well it turns out Soy had one too many strawberries for the day and wow...a little more of a runny mess than what I was expecting. So I wiped him up the best I could with his short but still it was everywhere. So I had to take off his shirt and finish the job. Of course in the process I got poop on the carpet. And of course I had no wipes with me. Ashlie was in the next room coaching me through it as best she could. So we came up with the plan to bee line it through the store and head out. I had a bag full of poopy clothes and a shirtless little boy with new shorts with a very confused look on his face. He actually handled the whole thing quite well. And Ashlie was a champ! Such a great friend to have in a crisis! So we decided after we left the store that I probably should go back in and tell them they had poop on their floor so I went in and said "Hey um...my son had an accident in the dressing room and I didn't have anything to clean it up with so.......I'm sorry?" Probably won't be seen in there again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That is hillarious! I have had some interesting shopping experiences with my girls, but probably not quite as comical as yours. I am glad you all made it out of there in one piece! :)
Wow. What a relaxing shopping trip! Not having a bathroom, what are stores thinking?
I agree. No bathroom and no cart? Horrible combination. What a sad story! I think it hit a little too close to home for me to laugh - not that we're potty training yet, but we've had some rough times at stores before. So sorry!
Oh, and I have had that experience where you have to buy more clothes for your kids so that they won't be going home naked.
I just found your blog and I about died laughing at this story. Your little ones are so cute. Props to you for going back into the store and telling them about the poop!
I'm sorry to laugh, but this is so funny! I'm sure you will find it hilarious in the years to come. You are such a champ to even attempt shopping at a store with no carts! What is that store thinking???
It's amazing what we as parents have to go through. I was at the parents home last night and they told me about the time you were mad at them and used their tooth brushs to clean the toilets! Just think...years from now you will still be telling this story!!
Post a Comment