Wednesday, June 10, 2009

May 7, 2009


Well I thought I had seen tough days before with Soy....We started...or should I say I started (sorry you couldn’t be more involved Joel- but thanks for going to work!) to potty train Soy on Monday. I got tips from my friend Colette in Utah who has trained 5 kids and swears by this method. So I took his pants off and encouraged a lot of fluids and just let him go. Day 1 He had no idea when he was peeing and he didn’t care where (I’m pretty sure he pee’d on my arm on purpose). Day 2 he still didn’t really care where but he had a better idea what was going on and he pee’d in the potty once or twice and pooped on the floor (thanks for the warning Soy!) Day 3 He peed 3-4 times in the potty and I kept him in the kitchen for most of the day because I was sick of cleaning up pee off of the carpet. He pooped on the floor again (again thanks for the warning!) This time it wasn’t all on the carpet-- just half of it. Day 4 He peed over 15 times and only had 3 accidents--two of which were on the kitchen floor! Whoo hoo! He pooped on the floor again but it was all on the kitchen floor--no biggie---(but again no warning!) So it is getting better but having to watch him 24/7 and remind him ever y 15-30 minutes to use the potty and do the potty victory dance every time he peed in the potty and holding London and forcing fluids and cleaning up accidents can take a lot out of a woman. I can’t say I handled it too well but I’m still here and I want to try harder tomorrow. Does that count for something?

3 comments:

Capri said...

Wow. Potty training is a headache! Good luck and hang in there!

Nancy said...

Good luck with that, Val. :) Potty training is always an adventure, it seems.

Jessica Schwendiman said...

awww...potty training. Just remember that there will be some Relapse moments even after you think they finally get it. Mason was easy to potty train but it was hard to KEEP him potty trained. He would be awesome for a week with no accidents and then the next week have an accident everyday. It's a strange thing!