Tuesday, June 9, 2009

May 1, 2009


I have the best job! But it isn’t easy. It sounds all fun and games---going to the pool, eating popsicles, going for walks--but all the stuff in between can wear on you pretty fast. I’ve decided the Lord wants me to learn charity, especially the part about “is not easily provoked”. I never realized how provoking a two year old could be. (He’s provoking me even now--I put him to bed at nine and he is still getting out of bed....and its 1030) He dipped my cell phone in his cup of water today! It’s so hard to know how and what to discipline him for....some things are obvious of course. I just don’t want to screw him up for life! It’s a good thing I have Joel to balance him out. I’m starting to realize the importance of a mother and a father in the home. But despite his terrible two-ish-ness he still melts my hearts frequently throughout the day. He has got the sweetest grin and is constantly babbling or singing to himself. He has the potential of being obedient and usually succeeds after several prompts. We are in Arizona right now and he loves going to the pool at our complex. It is pretty hot here but it is really nice--I love the cacti and palm trees! Now London on the other hand.....she is either just so sweet and content or wailing at the top of her lungs like she is about to lose a limb. She really really loves her soothie and to be held but she is learning to sit up and I hope that will help her not be so needy. I don’t know where she gets that from! But she is such a blue eyed dimpled beauty! I really don’t think they make kids any cuter than mine.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Your kids are so cute. :) And I agree that being a mom is the best/most challenging job I've ever had. And that two is a trying age. :)