Saturday, January 8, 2011

Angry Soy

Sawyer is having a hard time with all the changes going on--Coen, Joel's new job, trip to Idaho, preschool starting, and soon me going back to work. He is so angry most of the time which is not like my happy outgoing Sawyer. He has been hitting, acting out, and mostly crying uncontrollably. It has been really hard to know how to deal with him in a positive way. But I had a good talk with my friend tonight and she gave me some encouragement and talked about similar phases with her kids. It's so great to have great friends. I can't imagine what I would do without them! Especially here in California.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I am so sorry about this, Val. I was thinking about this situation and sometimes I would like to act that very same way. He is probably just learning how to handle emotions and it may take a while. I know you know this, but just love him. Love him even when he may not seem so lovable. It's all a part of the process and it will get better. (Please note: I do not have babies yet, so you may just need to take this comment with a grain of salt!) Good luck with this. I am cheering for you, girl!

Capri said...

Val, I totally understand. We moved to NC in July, after having Zach March 31. Lexi had a really hard time. She was angry and moody and cried a lot and threw tantrums about everything. She is finally doing better. Preschool helped once she made friends. So did our play dates with my friend and her daughter. I try to spend one-on-one time reading with Lexi before bed. It will get better. It just takes a lot of time and patience.